Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] mark@centralplumbingnm.com is offline

Default Boiler Pressure relief valve (T&P) still leaking. Please help.

On Thursday, October 23, 2014 5:42:48 PM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 10/23/2014 3:20 PM, wrote:

These things blow up all the time and KILL people.

Boiler explosion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCej2OQSKnY

This is a commercial boiler explosion but residential explosions are just as bad.

I'll admit, I've never heard of a residential boiler
explosion. How many occur in the US each year? Any
proof of this?

-
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

I'll admit its hard to find exact statistics on boiler explosions. Many small breeches go unreported. We hear about and see events in the industry though.

This is from the National Fire Protection Agency:

"In 2011, heating equipment was involved in an estimated 53,600 reported U.S. home structure fires, with associated losses of 400 civilian deaths, 1,520 civilian injuries, and $893 million in direct property damage."

Source: http://www.nfpa.org/research/reports...ting-equipment