Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Shed Question

On Thursday, October 23, 2014 11:14:51 AM UTC-5, Casper wrote:

Hadn't thought to do a diagnal brace but I'll consider it. The doors
weren't wapred; only the side 2x4 that the T1 was nailed into. That's
been replaced and might need to on the right side as well.

Not warping, in the traditional sense of a board warping, but it flexes and, with time, tends to stay in a flexed position. The temporary T1 doors, on the back of my shop garage, flexed and, now, is pretty much bent, in a permanent position, making it hard to close and padlock the doors.

I like the skirting idea. Did you use regular metal flashing?

I think so. It's galvanized sheet metal, comes in a roll 15" to 18" wide. I don't recall the width I used. I installed 30# felt adjacent to the studs, then the flashing, then the skirt.

I like the idea of being able to replace just the skirt in the future.
I plan to dig out some of the ground next spring, edge and fill it in
with rock. Not sure if we'll do that to both sides. Muddiest area
seems to be between the house and shed.

I installed this kind of skirting on my old garage and have had to replace 2 areas. It seems to work well, so I've used the skirting idea on the shop remodel. Those Flickr pics are of the shop's garage. Here's another pic, during shop remodel/construction.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...in/photostream

Sonny