Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] spaco@baldwin-telecom.net is offline

Default Arduino and Windows Update

Thanks for the heads up.
We have a small new arduino group meeting at a makerspace in Menominee Wi and I will sure pass this on to them.
A couple of us have just bought some UNO clones that use the CH340G USB converter chip. I wonder if that's one of the "knock offs" they are talking about or if that chip is just a new design.
Both my friend and I had some small issues with getting the new UNO's talking, but no major problems. I use Windows and had only really minor issues, but my friend is a MAC guy and had more issues.
The one thing I have noticed is that additional Arduino's (the ones with the CH340G chip) don't get assigned new, unique COM ports like the 16U2's, etc. did.

Pete Stanaitis