Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tractor Tales

On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 17:46:17 -0700, wrote:

On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 16:47:20 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

The patient will live ! I've been working on his thing all week , today I
fired it up and checked out the transmission . Motor runs but needs plugs
and the correct type of ignition coil , trans goes faster/slower/reverses as
it should .
Time to start throwing money at it !

I have found that it is more effective to throw the money at the parts
suppliers. When throwing money at machines they just sit there.
Sometimes they may grin a little, but machines can be subtle and you
can't always tell when they are laughing at you. A good indication is
when you start the engine after installing some spendy part and it
promptly sticks a rod through the block. The engine equivalent of
sticking your tongue out.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Shoulda checked its pedigree (or degree of bitterness)
first, Eric. I'm happy to say that nothing I've ever bought has done
that to me, save for the frozen welder, and that cost me $100. I
nearly tripled my investment selling it as-is, too.

--
A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if
one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself.