guy

Default What is best lathe manufacturer?

I've seen the Oneways in action etc and I ended up with a Vicmarc
VL300 longbed, 24 inch swing, 50 inch between centers. The Oneways are
well made but I like cast iron and the Vics are of the same quality as
Oneway, just made of cast iron. I made a stand out of plywood (6
sheets of it) and got a 3HP 3 phase motor and controller. Total was
just under $3000. Very very smooth, total weight for lathe and stand
is around 1300 pounds (+/-). Have only recently finished it. This
weekend I'm going to chuck up a 24 inch by 24 inch chunk I've been
saving for this. We'll see then how good it really is. Testing so far
shows tons of torque, smooth as silk running, and all components work
smoothly. Feels solid as a tank. Get whatever one you feel like and
have fun!! Just my .02.