Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default House rewiring

On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 07:30:06 +0100, charles wrote:

In article , Uncle Peter wrote:
On Wed, 22 Oct 2014 19:36:08 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

Tim Streater wrote
Uncle Peter wrote

Most people just buy a 6 way strip to sit behind the TV. TV, DVD,
etc use nothing like 13 amps.

I just had the sparks add four double-sockets behind where the TV
etc sit.

More fool you.

Then I got rid of the 6 way strip and the adapter. Much tidier.

Much tidier to have the strip inside whatever the electronics is in
and a single lead to the wall socket.

In spades with the computer, its got 3 16 way strips.

What in god's name have you got plugged in there? I've got two
monitors,
two printers, a computer, an amplifier, a telephone, and a portable
hard disk for backup.

3 computers, 2 printers, label printer, monitor, scanner, 1 network
router,
1 network hub, 1 printer server, desk lamp, telephone. 12 here.

Think you have problems?

8 computers, 1 telephone, 2 printers, 1 scanner, 2 monitors, 2 switches,
1 router, 1 ATA, 1 PSU for front door control system. And a couple spare
for laptop chargers, battery charger, etc.

wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.