Posted to uk.d-i-y
Uncle Peter[_2_] Uncle Peter[_2_] is offline

Default House rewiring

On Wed, 22 Oct 2014 11:06:48 +0100, Andrew wrote:

On 21/10/2014 23:50, GB wrote:
On 21/10/2014 23:49, GB wrote:
On 21/10/2014 23:30, Uncle Peter wrote:

It appears she did. And when I said I had fuses she was horrified.

I've just had some fuses replaced with trip switches on a house I'm
letting out. It makes life an awful lot simpler.

I should have said that the trip switches are just a plug in
replacement, so it's very easy to do.

And any professional sparky reading this will say that this is a
pointless exercise, and in the case of the Wylex variety are actually
more dangerous (under certain conditions) than the rewireable fuse they
replaced.

Funny, mine trip faster (the two I replaced on the lighting circuits to stop blown halogens ****ing the PIRs.

Upgraded earth bonding and RCD's are what saves lives, not silly plug-in
MCBs

Electricity at 240V isn't lethal unless you've got a weak heart, which is why most electricians have had several shocks and are still here.

--
Hello, you have reached technical support.
Please dial 1 to report an issue, 2 to report a challenge, 3 to report a problem, or 4 to report a cockup.