Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Quarter of Homebases to close

On Wednesday, October 22, 2014 2:08:48 PM UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 22 October 2014 13:38:30 UTC+1, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Theo Markettos wrote:
"We have large stores full of rubbish that nobody wants to buy,

so we can make no money."
There was a suggestion that younger householders are less keen on

DIY.

Young houueholders a few in number because they can;t afford to become householders. If you end up renting yuo arent; realyl allowd to do any major DIY.
Well you could chnage a plug on a lead if they weren't all moulted.

I've not had any plugs moulting, guess its the wrong time of year for it

Most things can be brought cheaper than it'd cost to build something similar.

yeah, that too. Only customised stuff is worth making now.

NT

Is this because they can afford not to, or a reflection of
increasing bureaucratic control?

Both I'd have thought.