Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Rant - This country is screwed up

On 10/21/2014 3:29 PM, dadiOH wrote:
"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message

My son pays for data, and text and $10 for talk time, he can get an
iPhone 4C or a less featured phone for no extra cost, My wife did the
same 2 years ago.
My wife got a phone for free and only pays the $10 per month for her
share of the talk plan. She was not required to get a data or text plan
although the phone id capable of receiving both.

When our family started getting cell phones on a single family plan, the
price for 5 phones per month was and still is $100, first phone service
was $60 plus taxes each additional phone $10 each.
Three of us opted for the $20 Sony phones which were fine for just a
phone and 2 of us opted for the 1 cent phones. They all worked as
expected. 3 of us have up graded to iPhones so we pay more for data but
the others have upgraded for free and still only pay the $10 for service.

I can get an iPhone 5C for free this November and not pay any more for
service than I am right now. Since 2008 we have not paid any more for
phone service than we did then and all of us have upgraded 2~3 times,
some of us have paid $200 for the latest and greatest iPhones and some
of us have opted for the free phones.

What it boils down to is you can get a phone for free if you are willing
to not have the latest versions, although these are new phones, and will
pay for the service.

When I look at leaving my service the same and upgrading my phone from a
5 to a 6 or 5C, I can pay $200 for the 6 or $0 for the 5C with no
additional cost to me.

And for those that are wondering, I typically get the new phone set up
charge reversed since we have 5 phones on the same plan.

Gee, I wonder if I should give up my rotary dial, pulse phone?

Yes! And take it to The Antiques Road Show for an appraisal. ;~)