Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Rant - This country is screwed up

On 10/21/2014 10:18 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Once I determined that I didn't need an electronic nurse maid
(AKA: Cell Phone), my communication needs became straight
forward.

My customers could always get a call back if they left a message
on my voice mail and that was drove my whole thought process.

If I didn't lose orders, there was no need to solve a problem
that didn't exist.

Local and Long Distance is covered by Magic Jack for $20/year.

We've converted "wants" to "needs". The world managed to get by without
the use of cell phones for a long time. They are convenient, but you
can still get through life without one.

We used to walk to school about 1 1/2 miles in the dark because the sun
was not invented yet. Now, Johnny needs a cell phone because something
bad might happen while he walks three blocks to school.

When I was on the road in sales, I'd call into the office twice a day
for messages. Now the customer can call directly to the cell phone.
Questionable as to whether that is an improvement.