Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Quarter of Homebases to close

In article ,
Theo Markettos writes:
http://news.sky.com/story/1357846/ho...s-to-be-closed

"a large estate with low sales densities that result in a challenged
financial model."

I wonder what they're on about there, and what else they're planning to change?

On the radio, they cited as one of the reasons that new home
owners nowadays are neither capable, nor interested in DIY.

There is a homebase I occasionally visit, and for the last 10
years it's had so few customers in there I never expected it
to last as long as it has. The main thing I have used it for
is its lighting section (although they stopped stocking some
of the items a couple of years ago which I used to buy), and
I occasionally buy their cacti/succulants/venus fly traps.

20-30 years ago, I would buy plumbing, electrical and timber
there too, but the range/price became too small/high.

--
Andrew Gabriel