Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default Flush up

On 10/22/2014 06:03 AM, wrote:
Hello there. I want to install one of those flush-up toilets in my basement. Plumbing isn't a problem, the pipes run right above where I will install it on the wall. My concern is the action itself and how reliable it is. You can't always believe the manufacturer and the last thing I need is brown water (or worse) in my basement. Any thoughts on these or to the reliability?

I've never used one, but if your house is reasonably new, it's not
difficult to breakup the concrete floor and add a drain pipe for a
conventional toilet.

My brother-in-law showed me how he did it and said breaking up the
concrete was simple. (His house was built in the 70's)

I decided to try it myself and could not break the concrete even with a
16 pound sledge hammer. The concrete here was put in in 1932 and bears
no resemblance to how they do things today.