Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OT Report: Michael Brown's Blood Found On Officer Darren Wilson's Gun, Car Door

On Tue, 21 Oct 2014 16:48:53 -0700, "Pico Rico"
wrote:

Yes, but if he said something like "I shot to kill him" he would be an
idiot. Cops are not allowed to "shoot to kill", they are allowed to use
deadly force to stop a threat, and if death results, well that's the breaks.

Um, cops can shoot to kill. "Shoot center of mass!" It is part of the
training. No need to explain a bullet pierced a head, a heart, a
jugular vein in the neck or a direct hit in the eye ball!

Each of those "stop the threat". A civilian can practice the same use
of force. Can the crook catch a bullet in his/her teeth? Nobody I know
would claim "I shot to kill him"!