Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default House rewiring

In article ,
Uncle Peter wrote:
A woman just told me she had her house rewired because it hadn't been
done for 30 years. Have you ever bothered? I mean if it works, why not
just leave it? Wire doesn't rot.

It would depend on how comprehensive the original installation was. If it
were very basic, it might just be easier to start again if you want a
fairly sophisticated setup. But if it was well designed and installed
using quality materials, I'd certainly not expect it to *need* replacing.
The installation here is basically more than 30 years old done by myself.
But has been extended over the years, and a new CU fitted.

--
*60-year-old, one owner - needs parts, make offer

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.