Posted to uk.d-i-y
Uncle Peter[_2_] Uncle Peter[_2_] is offline

Default House rewiring

On Tue, 21 Oct 2014 22:03:40 +0100, ARW wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 21 Oct 2014 21:06:07 +0100, ARW
wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news A woman just told me she had her house rewired because it hadn't been
done
for 30 years. Have you ever bothered? I mean if it works, why not just
leave it? Wire doesn't rot.

30 years seems short time for a rewire unless there is also a major
refurb
going on.

I've always heard 25-30 years stated as the recommended rewiring schedule.
She was refurbishing the house BECAUSE it had just been rewired, leaving a
mess.

Don't listen to small talk.

It appears she did. And when I said I had fuses she was horrified.

--
How do you scare a man?
Sneak up behind him and start throwing rice.