Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default "Automatic Quartz" (Piezo) Watch batt/ops/repair

On 10/21/2014, 1:04 PM, Reinhard Zwirner wrote:
schrieb:
How do these work? (I generally believe it has some sort of Piezoelectric generator)

What if it stopped (I didn't use it for a few days)?

Does it have any battery which after a few years needs replacement?

Any chance I can find out what battery Curren M8039B uses so I only open it once?

And see what's inside (schematics) before I risk breaking it?

Hi,

I don't know such piezo-type of watch.

On the other hand I own a watch which contains an electromagnetic
generator which is driven by an automatic-type rotor. A supercap is
charged by that generator and serves as power supply for a quartz
movement. With a fully charged supercap the watch will work a few
days without arm movement.

http://www.seikowatches.com/world/technology/kinetic/index.html

HTH

Reinhard

I have my dad's old kinetic watch that was from the 50s or 60s and it
was touted as 'Self-Winding' No electronics though...

I understand this type of watch is popular again!

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com