william kossack

Default What is best lathe manufacturer?

Interesting. It still should not have vibrated. Something must have
been wrong with it but
nobody at the woodcraft store has the time or cares to mess with it.
When I was going
to woodcraft or Rocklers to look at lathes the majority of the sales
people were of little
help. The guy that knew about lathes and turning was usually not in. I
found other
customers far more informative.

Your best bet is to check with a local turning club or woodworking club.

Two things to remember.
Free advice is often is worth what you are pay for it. It is only an
opinion.
Complainers always speak louder and more often than people that are happy.

PS as for the DVR the geek in me loves the fact that I can change out
the motherboard
if a much improved version comes out.

Rob McConachie wrote:

no, it was a nova 3000. I have heard that nova is coming out with an
updated model this spring (of 2004).

however, i did not get a chance to turn them all on.

Rob

"william kossack" wrote in message

If that was a DVR that vibrated a lot then there was something wrong with

it