Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Actual metalworking question

On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 19:47:13 -0500
"Terry Coombs" wrote:

I just scored an older JD model 317 tractor with a mower deck and front
blade with hydraulic raise/lower , and it needs some TLC .

snip

If you didn't already know, John Deere charges for pretty much
everything. Even the really, really old manuals and such. "Green
paint" is expensive stuff Sometimes you can get lucky searching the
net and find stuff that hasn't been taken down yet or is on a server
they can't touch...

That being said, they do publish their parts manuals. See:

http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/c... geServlet_Alt

Put "317" in the model search and see if it helps you any.

I would weld or bolt patches over the bad areas myself. That and keep
an eye on Craigs list for anything else I was interested in that might
fit it.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b