Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Drat. I have been using TCW-3 two-stroke oil in my chainsaw

Danny D. wrote, on Tue, 21 Oct 2014 18:53:32 +0000:

Calling those numbers, I've found that the RATING for the two-cycle oil
that is used in chainsaws is apparently JASO FD &/or ISO-L-EGD.

Here's another article, which mentions that JASO stands for the
Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Organization (JASO) and it explains
that JASO SD is the best currently, while ISO-L-EGD is a bit more
international, including American, Japanese and European engine
manufacturers.

http://www.lubetechshop.co.uk/articles.php?tPath=2