Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default OT; Desperate or what?

"Adrian" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 19:18:41 +0100, harryagain wrote:

True.
But our Post Officeclosed because certain srvices were "taken away" from
them.
You couldn't even buy a TV licence or road tax any more.

You can buy both of those at most post offices, no problem at all.

Perhaps that particular PO had been downgraded to a sub-PO?

Perhaps so.
A lot of it was done immediately preceding the Royal Mail sell/rip off.

Probably so it was more financially attractive to Camoron's mates to make a
big profit.

And sod the users who now have to make a fourteen mile jouney.

Next thing will be to do away with universal postal deliveries and we'll all
have to rent mail boxes like some third world country.