Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default converting 2 wire T-Stat to Wi-Fi Tstat ( have spare wires)

Hello. I currently have a Honeywell standard display T-stat. It has only 2 wires connected to the R & W terminals to control my Weil-Mclain steam boiler. The T-stat is battery operated.

I have spare wires in my current T-Stat wiring which I would like to utilize to hook up a Wi-Fi T-stat. The Honeywell rep I spoke to in tech support said to put the 2 existing wires to the R & W terminals, and to connect a separate 24VAC Power source ( which I have in my basement) to the C & RH terminals, with all jumpers removed.

Just wondering does this sound correct?