Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default LV post light - how to make this right?

N8N wrote:
@ GF's place... renter just moved out... post light has never worked.

After his stuff was all moved out I went into his room to tighten some stuff up and found this... 24VAC transformer screwed to wall, with some UF running out to the post light. 2x 12V bulbs in the post light through a photocell, apparently in series. Plug the transformer in, it works fine.

How do I make this mess "right?" I don't like the exposed transformer especially with the cord and plug, is that even legal?

I suspect that this actually is original to the house/development as all houses on the street have similar looking post lights, but seriously, WTF? any ideas greatly appreciated.

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/...pspyxnuirl.jpg

Hi,
You can install solar powered LED light with day/night sensor. In our
city all street lighting will be that way soon.