Posted to alt.home.repair
Bennett[_2_] Bennett[_2_] is offline

Default LV post light - how to make this right?

Perhaps you can get a wall-wart w. right voltage and current capacity.
Here's a 24v 3/4 Amp unit to give you an idea
http://amzn.to/1puOd7u

It would be a lot neater and you can put the low side into a bit of
plastic wiremold raceway.

On 10/20/2014 12:58 PM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 09:44:28 -0700 (PDT), N8N
wrote:

that *is* where the cable enters the house... that's an exterior wall on the lowest level, underneath a bay window.

in an ideal world I'd move the xfmr into the laundry, but that would involve drywall repair...

I don't know if that wall is deep enough for a JB big enough to hold the xfmr or if a 2 or 3 gang box would hold it...

nate

As Robert suggested: "What have the neighbors done???"

IMHO, something doesn't look right - too ugly with wires coming out
the wall just above the baseboard, fugly-ugly and could have been done
better. Good luck!

Oh. Drywall repair in this case, ought to be easy.