Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com is offline

Default Can and LED floodlight possibly be as bright as a real floodlight?

Eventually they should be. Right now they waste energy (produces heat but
not enough light) with transforming. I understand they will be doing pure
transistor voltage clipping which should be a heck of a lot more efficient
and produce fewer heat issues. This from asking dumb questions at trade shows
and fully understanding the folks at the booths might not really know. I have
a few 200W incandescents at home and haven't quite been able to replace
them. Then again I'm just a Chem Engr who took two oblig EE courses and grew
up with two vaccuum-tube-educated (photoypesetting and avionics) EE uncles.

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm