Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com is offline

Default "Automatic Quartz" (Piezo) Watch batt/ops/repair

How do these work? (I generally believe it has some sort of Piezoelectric generator)

What if it stopped (I didn't use it for a few days)?

Does it have any battery which after a few years needs replacement?

Any chance I can find out what battery Curren M8039B uses so I only open it once?

And see what's inside (schematics) before I risk breaking it?

much obliged

(I was once at a lecture where someone used a piezo generator with a device
that created eddies in forest fires so they could call in the fire on a
cellular network without battery or wired power. I thought it was so cool I
found this ten buck watch that worked that way.)

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm