Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor[_2_] Pete Keillor[_2_] is offline

Default Actual Metalworking Project in Use

These are pics of the sail line reel I built a couple years ago and a
recent fishing trip to the west end of Christmas Bay, Brazoria County,
Texas. I dragged the piece of aluminum I built it out of through
three moves over 25 years, finally built the thing after I retired.
Mounted it on a pawn shop moving dolly after ditching the nose piece.
The red tags are the license tags, required for each 100 yards I let
it out, up to 600 yards max. There are thirty circle hook drops
within 200 ft. of the sail. I mix live and dead bait, shrimp, mullet,
and piggies.

The main line attachment to the float is on a piece of sailboat track.
Adjustment can vary the angle off dead downwind by about 40-45 deg.
either side.

Oh, I'm the fat old grey headed guy.

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/SailLine01.jpg The sail line
reel, powered by an old wiper motor.
http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/SailLine02.jpg The reel in
action. My wife said I should have added a level wind.
http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/SailLine03.jpg Wading out to
remove fish and replace bait. The float is a catamaran fashioned of
4" pvc sewer pipe.
http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/SailLine04.jpg The best catch
that day, 25" speck. (speckled trout, spotted weakfish, etc.)

Pete Keillor