Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default LV post light - how to make this right?

On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 07:09:48 -0700 (PDT), N8N
wrote:

How do I make this mess "right?" I don't like the exposed transformer especially with the cord and plug, is that even legal?

I suspect that this actually is original to the house/development as all houses on the street have similar looking post lights, but seriously, WTF? any ideas greatly appreciated.

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/...pspyxnuirl.jpg

I agree about not liking the "mess". Can you find where the post
wires enter the house: perhaps relocate the transformer and mount it
in a recessed electrical box...

Sample:

http://s3.supplyhouse.com/images/products/zoom/009k-2.jpg