Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.people.consumers

Default looking for a decent mechanical alarm clock

In article ,
Harold Davis wrote:
Does someone know where I might get hold of a decent mechanical alarm
clock? All I've found are

* a piece of junk with two bells on the top by Acctim that lasts a few
months

* crap plasticky Chinese copies of Westclox models, ditto - which is
sad, because the original Westclox clocks were superb - I had a Big Ben
that lasted 40 years

I don't care much how big it is. A 10-year guarantee or better would be
nice.

Thanks in advance!

Think you'll be lucky to find a decently made new clockwork one. Perhaps
in Harrods or a West End jeweller?

If you said what the problem was with a quartz type, perhaps some might
have ideas on how to get round it?

--
*Beware - animal lover - brakes for pussy*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.