Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_8_] michael adams[_8_] is offline

Default Brad point drills from Wilkinson (Wilko)

"MM" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 14:08:47 +0100, "michael adams"
wrote:

Nowadays De Walt are just badge engineered Chinese made products
for a lot of lines.

That's my fear should I decide to order the De Walt bits. The Wilko
drills are manufactured in China.

Not that there's anything necessarily wrong
with Chinese stuff except that maybe it may not merit a
premium price based simply on the name.

I don't care where the stuff originates provided it does the job. I've
bought a number of tools from Wilko over the years, all of which have
been satisfactory.

+1 for the Poundshop 99p store recommendation but buy now while
the pound is strong.

I doubt Poundshop would sell *brad point* 8mm drills. Twist drills,
possibly.

Well your doubts are misplaced.

Brad points are otherwise known as "wood drills" - a point in the
middle and two outside spurs. I've bought sets branded Holtz TIGER
4,5,6,8,10 in a poundshop. Can't remember which one.

As I said, buy while the pound is strong as they don't always
have them in stock. What I've noticed in the past is that as
the pound fluctuates so do the poundshop offerings by way of
drill sets. ISTR at one point it was down to four in a
set. And then only for cheap twist drills made of cheese
rather than HSS.

michael adams

MM