Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.people.consumers
Harold Davis Harold Davis is offline

Default looking for a decent mechanical alarm clock

Bill Wright wrote in
:

Harold Davis wrote:
Does someone know where I might get hold of a decent mechanical alarm
clock? All I've found are

* a piece of junk with two bells on the top by Acctim that lasts a
few months

* crap plasticky Chinese copies of Westclox models, ditto - which is
sad, because the original Westclox clocks were superb - I had a Big
Ben that lasted 40 years

I don't care much how big it is. A 10-year guarantee or better would
be nice.

Thanks in advance!

What's the game? Some sort of old-fashioned IRA bomb, with the contact
where the bell should be?

!! You think only a terrorist prefers a proper clock?

What do you think about people who prefer not to have mobile phones? The
same?

Harry