Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Brad point drills from Wilkinson (Wilko)

I bought two 8mm ones last week and started to use them yesterday with
my dowelling jig They were, of course, cheap. But totally useless. One
was slightly "warped", i.e. it didn't rotate true. And neither one was
any good at actually penetrating soft pine. I had to switch to using a
standard twist drill that has been used several times, so wasn't new.
Also, the wood wasn't knotted.

Has anyone else had a bad experience with drills from Wilko? I'm
currently thinking of ordering a De Walt product in the hope that this
will be better.

MM