Posted to alt.home.repair
Fake ID Fake ID is offline

Default OT sticky yellow plastic

In article ,
Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've got an old Radio Shack FRS walkie talkie.
The yellow soft plastic is sticky. I tried
Simple Green, no better. Now trying Armor All,
which also doesn't seem to help.

The soft yellow side is worse than the hard
black side. Any ideas how to make it less sticky?

The material is reverting back to its ancestrial form-crude oil.
So while you may be able to scrape, peel, or coat to a solution, it will
be temporary.

I had an X terminal where 2 of the 4 feet turned to ooze. Never
understood why just 2 because all 4 were subject to the same light.
temperature, and humidity swings. Best guess is that only those feet
were making contact with the wire shelf it was sitting on.