Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default Can and LED floodlight possibly be as bright as a real floodlight?

On 10/19/2014 12:57 PM, micky wrote:
On Sun, 19 Oct 2014 07:31:20 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

The ones that are good enough to be as bright,
can be twenty or thirty bucks per bulb. But,
if it means not having to go 24 feet up, might
be worth it.

It was the HOA's idea to put this light on my house, for secuirty
reasons, because I live right next to the path that goes into the woods.
(It used by JHS boys going in one direction, and HS boys going in the
other, to their respective schools, but 2 years ago a big tree fell down
blocking the path, with no good way to go around it, and now only one or
two kids use it. ).

Center posted, like yours.
Someone should fine the HOA for the uncleared
tree. Yes, I've heard about HOA and towing
cars, seems to be a major passion of theirs.
I don't remember the details, but I do know
some folks who were visiting out of town. The
folks said fine to park in front of the house
while you stay over night. Car missing in Am,
$130 plus tow bill.
The HOA people were looking at the house in the next building too, but I
wanted it here, so I could turn it off when I wanted too (not that I
ever have.) And they pay me $10 per quarter for the electricity I
use. It's been 20 years. I think they still do that. And the first
time the bulbs burnt out, I called the HOA and they sent a whole
electrician, with a ladder. Think how much that must have cost, just to
change a lightbulb. And I think I called once more when the fixture
itself had problems, but after that I couldn't bring myself to call
them. Now I'm going to look at it that the 10 dollars a quarter is
much more than the electricity costs, but it will eventually pay for the
fixture. 2 1/4years I guess. And the work I put in. Another year.
And then it can start paying for the time they towed my car away for no
good reason, and the time they threatened to.
-
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus