Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; Desperate or what?

On 19/10/2014 14:22, Adrian wrote:
On Sun, 19 Oct 2014 14:08:15 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

However, these people also have rights to hold those beliefs. Why
should recent gay rights override long held religious beliefs?

Why _shouldn't_ people be allowed to burn suspected witches at the stake,
anyway?

I'm not agreeing with any kind of religious belief, I'm just saying that
people have a right that those beliefs are respected. What Voltaire
didn't say etc.

It's really quite simple. If you don't agree with gay marriage, don't get
married somebody who's the same gender as you. Apart from that, it's an
utter irrelevance in your life whether two particular people choose to
marry each other or not.

But it wouldn't be an utter irrelevance to someone with deeply held
religious beliefs, whose teaching said it was wrong.