Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; Desperate or what?

On 19/10/2014 13:52, wrote:
On Sunday, October 19, 2014 10:51:21 AM UTC+1, The Medway Handyman
wrote:
"We would rather the legal and religious endorsements of wedlock
are separate." Isn't homophobic. Forcing people with deeply held
religious beliefs to perform gay marriage ceremonies isn't right.

I don't see why it's any different from forcing people with deeply
held religious beliefs to allow guide dogs in their shops and taxis,
or gay people in their B&Bs.

Neither do I, but that's also wrong.

If they don't wish to comply with the law they have the choice to not
be a priest, taxi driver or B&B operator.

Except that they were those things prior to the change in the law.

However removing the ability of discriminatory religious groups to
carry out that which should be the function of the state seems
sensible.

Agreed. I'm the most non religious person you could wish to meet. I
favour a system where any kind of religious propaganda should be banned.
'Imagine' etc.

However, these people also have rights to hold those beliefs. Why
should recent gay rights override long held religious beliefs?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk