Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT for home repair -- Urgent -- How to remove rear lower control arm, Toyota?

On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 15:33:48 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 01:42:10 -0400, micky
wrote:

**I have the shop manual, and it shows three areas of swelling in the
pipe from the engine to the tail pipe, but even in the exhaust system
section (2 pages) none are labeled. I figure the last one is the
muffler and the one before that is the cat. conveter (though I thought
those were wider and flat, but I guess they don't have to be.)

Looking at the picture on the link above, the GAS TANK is in the way
on the left side, and the exhaust heat sheild AND the gas tank are in
the way on the right side. You are "screwed". In a PINCH you could
possibly cut the head off the bolt, remove the bolt from the back
(nut) side and reinstall a new bolt the way it would have made sense
in the first place - but I suspect the spare tire well gets in the way
there. Removing the gas tank is another alternative way to get the
bolt out. I think paying someone $200 would be a bargain for you at
this point.

That makes me feel better. (I love a bargain.)