Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Pico Rico Pico Rico is offline

Default OT for home repair -- Urgent -- How to remove rear lower control arm, Toyota?

"micky" wrote in message
news
On 18 Oct 2014 13:03:09 -0400, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

Sounds like you need a set of through hole sockets. Those are shallow
compared to normal sockets.

In a pinch, these can be made from cheap normal sockets on a bench
grinder.
--scott

If the goal is to get through the hole, but what i livk about thes is
that they barely thicker than a normal socket is long. I bought a set
this monring. Thanks Steve. (The web page says regularly 32, but at
the store, they were marked the same as the web, 22. I didn't need to
print the webpage, which is good since i couldn't get my printer to
work.) I think I will likely ruin the ratchet, but they say they have a
lifetime guarantee. It was one thing to guarantee Craftsman and
probably Snap-On, etc. But what I can't help thinking is that this is
junk?

As the bolt comes out, the wrench will be pushed up (that is, forwards).
The bolt head is too big to go through the hole, but at that point I
think I'll be able to use a regular open end wrench**.

But I think I won't be able to loosen the bolt without a cheater bar,
and I'll break the ratchet when I use a cheater bar.

that is what a breaker bar is for, with or without the cheater bar as
needed.