Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default Can and LED floodlight possibly be as bright as a real floodlight?

On 10/18/2014 4:56 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
Incidentally, it doesn't take much movement to wreck a ceramic
coating. I had a nice ceramic coated steel tea kettle that I usually
heat on the kitchen stove top to about 180C. One day, I stupidly put
it directly on top of my wood burner running at about 300C. I
compounded the error by boiling off all the water. My first
indication of a problem was the sound of something like popcorn from
inside the kettle. That was the inside coating flaking off and
bouncing around. As I approached, a large piece of the outside
coating flew off in my general direction. I had to use a broomstick
to remove the kettle. I haven't calculated the differences in
expansion, but for something as small as a kettle, it was much smaller
than my predicted 1mm.

The ones we have at church are just fine. I don't
know the make and model. But, yes, they can.

--
..
Christopher A. Young