Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default Too Much Stuff

On 10/18/2014 01:43 AM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

snip

I live in Wisconsin. Arizona has considerably lower property taxes but
they get the money elsewhere.

I'm curious as to where you think AZ gets it's money from as far as
"elsewhere". I think my property taxes are too high but I know they
are lower then many places. Property tax here on a 100,000 house runs
about 800 a year. Sales tax is around 8.5%. Income tax perhaps 3 or
4%.

In Milwaukee the property taxes are about $3000 / $100,000

So anyone living outside Wisconsin who thinks Governor Walker is doing a
good job...are just plain uninformed.

OTOH: In Arizona (I'm told by those who live there) that car
registration is based on the value of one's car and can easily be $300 -
$500 a year

In Wisconsin it's just a fixed fee of about $100 a year.

It was even lower before Walker got in.