Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Should I tell the police?

On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 09:30:59 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 10/18/2014 2:23 AM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

Colors vary from state to state. AFAIK the only emergency equipment
that seems to have any standardization in light colors is fire
equipment. In AZ it's illegal to have a blue light visible from any
direction, yet I've seen a couple states where they allow volunteer
firemen to drive around with blue lights on the roof. I haven't seen
anything with a green light on it for over 30 years and the one time I
did it was the Indian Police.

You need a red and blue light in AZ
http://www.911signalusa.com/states/arizona.php

In most states the volunteer firemen have a permit for the blue
light. Drivers are not mandated to give them right of way, but they do.
Could be your house burning.

Back about 1960, we had a blue Chevy Impala hardtop. We did the usual
nose/deck thing, put in a bar grill, very popular at the time. To dress
it up, my brother put blue lights behind the grille. The second time he
drove it a policeman explained the lighting laws to him.

Here in Ontario, and most of canada, showing a red light or
reflector to the front is illegal except for emergency vehicles.
Volunteer fire fighters use a green light, service vehicles use amber,
and snow removal use blue. Red and blue together is POLICE ONLY. Red
and white is fire or ambulance, Blue and yellow is highway salter.
sander, or plough..

When we were night rallying, we had a red maplight to protect our
night vision - got pulled over by the cops because they could see red
light from the front. We got off with a warning and a full citation of
the applicable laws - that was 34 years ago so I do not have the
"chapter and verse" We went to a dark amber lens from then on.