Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT Should I tell the police?

On 10/18/2014 2:23 AM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

Colors vary from state to state. AFAIK the only emergency equipment
that seems to have any standardization in light colors is fire
equipment. In AZ it's illegal to have a blue light visible from any
direction, yet I've seen a couple states where they allow volunteer
firemen to drive around with blue lights on the roof. I haven't seen
anything with a green light on it for over 30 years and the one time I
did it was the Indian Police.

You need a red and blue light in AZ
http://www.911signalusa.com/states/arizona.php

In most states the volunteer firemen have a permit for the blue
light. Drivers are not mandated to give them right of way, but they do.
Could be your house burning.

Back about 1960, we had a blue Chevy Impala hardtop. We did the usual
nose/deck thing, put in a bar grill, very popular at the time. To dress
it up, my brother put blue lights behind the grille. The second time he
drove it a policeman explained the lighting laws to him.