Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default New rcm low

On Fri, 17 Oct 2014 19:10:27 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 10/17/2014 9:28 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Fri, 17 Oct 2014 07:14:22 -0400, Chimaera wrote:

Chimaera wrote:

Sadly Teenut passed away years ago. Killfile or just ignore Jon, for
your own sanity.

Sage advice. How did you get so lucky as to attract Boner in the first
place? Why not moderate this NG?

I've had him kill filed since I first got here. I saw a couple insane
rants and got rid of him.

A group has to be created as moderated. This one wasn't.

I can't remember having to use a kill file on any NG I visited years ago
when I lived in NC. I guess Times change, it's like punk kids
terrorizing the shopping mall. Where are the mall cops?

FWIW, you probably realize by now that Jon is emotionally disturbed.
There is no point in paying attention to him except for some
occassional trashy entertainment, which I sometimes engage myself. You
can see by his language that he really wants to be a respectful
gentleman, but he just can't control himself. d8-)

The rational response is to ignore him. No one takes him seriously. If
you're a fisherman, he fights like a dogfish -- no long runs, but a
lot of head-shaking and snapping at the leader. It gets boring in a
hurry.

Enjoy.

We used to cut the line when we'd catch big, ugly Sheepshead (fresh
water Drum) in Lake Erie while fishing for Walleye. It just wasn't
worth touching the slimy bottom feeders. But, having them on the line
for a while would alleviate boredom. So, Jon has a purpose! Does he
ever even TRY to act normal or contribute anything on topic that isn't
related to his stupid hobby?

I don't know if he tries. I know that he doesn't succeed.

--
Ed Huntress