Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech

Default OT for home repair -- Urgent -- How to remove rear lower controlarm, Toyota?

On 10/17/2014 1:57 PM, micky wrote:

Respond as soon as possible please. Car up on stands right now. I want
to take it down by 11PM at latest.

Besides front end damage, that I've repaired, the rear forward right
lower control arm, on my 2000 Solara convertible is bent.

I have the replacement part, but the bolt near the center (of the two
bolts) is in something that looks like a soup bowl. The kind that is
flat in the center and then curves up near the edges and curves down
again at the very edge. Maybe it's meant to be a washer.

So I can't get an end wrench or a box wrench on it.

And I can't get a socket wrench on it, not a torque wrench or even a
3/8" plain ratchet or breaker bar, because there isn't enough room
between the bolt and what might be the floor pan for the rear seat. I
would bend that up and out of the way but there is a screw head in the
very spot that needs bending. Maybe I should push it up anyhow????

How should I get this bolt off???

(The nut is fixed in place, and I don't have a cutting torch. )

BTW, so far, all the videos are for front control arms

Maybe you can put the jacks and stands in different place,
to let the nut and bolt down.

Alternatively, you may need to use a hole saw and cut some
metal from above, and make your own hole. So you can get
at the nut from above.

I changed a fuel pump on my Blazer one time, saw through
the back floor.

No real experience with this, just guessing.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus