nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

I believe most faucet leaks are due to dirt and stuff in the water.

In my neighborhood, the City ran some kind of plastic pipe through the existing water supply lines, and now it's comparatively rare for me to have to fix a leaking faucet. I used to be fixing leaking faucets all the time.

KenK said:
Quote:
Someone somewhere told me to turn the faucet that drips on and off
several times hard and rapidly. I do it about 30 or 40 times. Works for
me.I have no idea why. This assumes no washers in the faucet that can be
replaced.
Ken, I would take the aerator off the faucet spout when you're doing that. The aerator on the faucet greatly reduces the flow rate through it, and so opening and closing the faucet quickly should be more effective at flushing dirt out of the cartridge with the aerator off. Also, having the aerator off ensures that whatever you do flush out of the cartridge gets out of the faucet completely, and not trapped in the aerator screen.

Last edited by nestork : October 17th 14 at 09:30 PM