Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_] Brent[_4_] is offline

Default OT for home repair -- Urgent -- How to remove rear lower control arm, Toyota?

On 2014-10-17, micky wrote:

Respond as soon as possible please. Car up on stands right now. I want
to take it down by 11PM at latest.

Besides front end damage, that I've repaired, the rear forward right
lower control arm, on my 2000 Solara convertible is bent.

I have the replacement part, but the bolt near the center (of the two
bolts) is in something that looks like a soup bowl. The kind that is
flat in the center and then curves up near the edges and curves down
again at the very edge. Maybe it's meant to be a washer.

So I can't get an end wrench or a box wrench on it.

And I can't get a socket wrench on it, not a torque wrench or even a
3/8" plain ratchet or breaker bar, because there isn't enough room
between the bolt and what might be the floor pan for the rear seat. I
would bend that up and out of the way but there is a screw head in the
very spot that needs bending. Maybe I should push it up anyhow????

How should I get this bolt off???

(The nut is fixed in place, and I don't have a cutting torch. )

BTW, so far, all the videos are for front control arms

http://parts.bernarditoyota.com/part...iagram=8513645

Describe what you are doing using the numbers on the diagram. I am
guessing you're replacing control arm #8 and #11 is the problem part?
There's not enough detail in these drawings of the fasteners. You'll
neeed to provide photos.