Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Too Much Stuff

"philo " wrote in message

On 10/16/2014 09:31 PM, Jeff Wisnia wrote:
As we get closer to selling our big empty nest and moving to a two
bedroom condo I look at my lifetime collection of hand and power tools
plus drawers and boxes of electrical, plumbing, hardware and metal
stock
filling the nether regions of our home and wonder how I can possibly
accept no longer having all of that stuff at my beck and call.

I ran across this item which says it all:

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/Selling_my_stuff.jpg

Jeff

At 65 I realize that some day I may have to move to a smaller place.

I hope not...but decided to start house cleaning now. Selling or giving
away a lot of stuff I have not used in a long time.

I sleep well and have never missed anything I've ever given away.

(one exception though)

I retired in 1991 and we moved to Mexico from Honolulu. We trashed a lot,
the rest except for essentials was all packed up and shipped to Houston
for temporary storage. Moved back to the US in 1993, had the stored stuff
shipped to us in Florida. Much of it is still in the boxes.

If we ever move again, what we take will be what we can carry. My wife
will probably have a different idea

--

dadiOH