Posted to rec.woodworking
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default Grizzly G0555 Bandsaw Tracking Problems

DadiOH,

I have owned a Grizzly G0555 bandsaw for about seven years. It
has a riser block and uses 105" blades.
I have not been able to get the saw blades to track properly
since I bought the saw. The only way I can get the blade centered
on the upper wheel is if I tighten the tracking adjustment as far
in as it will go. However, the blade seems to ride right on the
front edge of the lower wheel no matter what I do.

Apologies if it has been asked and answered, I have sort of lost track,
but is there a washer/shim on the top axle that could be removed to move
the top wheel further back?

Unfortunately, no. I did pick up some machine shim washers and shimmed out
the bottom wheel. That seemed to make everything coplaner, with proper
tracking, until I changed blades. Now the blade is riding the front edge of
the lower wheel again.

are the wheels coplanar? And parallel horizontally? If either is
"no', that would be my first step.

I tried to get the wheels coplaner last week, but am going to check again
when I get the chance. Unfortunately, I may not be out in the shop for a
week or two.

I forgot who asked, but I checked my riser block today and it is installed
correctly (not backwards as suggested).

Thanks,

Anthony