Posted to alt.home.repair
Pico Rico Pico Rico is offline

Default OT Should I tell the police?

"TimR" wrote in message
On Thursday, October 16, 2014 3:49:31 PM UTC-4, Pico Rico wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

On 10/16/2014 7:41 AM, trader_4 wrote:

where they leave a rigged car in a high car theft area, leave it

unlocked,

keys in it. I'm amazed you'd think that's tempting a non-thief. If

you go into a car you don't own and drive away, you are a thief,
period.

If they didn't take the bait car, it would be someone else's car and

the perps would likely never be caught.

You are assuming they would take another car. I'm sure some would, but
if

you leave a piece of candy on the table, would your 6 year old just
ignore

it?

Maybe I'd go after a repeat offender, but I'd not jail a first
offender.

I am sure they are not going after 6 year olds.

And "first time caught" does not equate to "first time offender".
Nobody's

luck is that bad.

When I worked law enforcement, I was told generally a person did not end
up with jail time before the 5th offense, unless it was a major one.

I have heard that burglars commit dozens and dozens of offenses before they
are caught.