Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Electrical box ground wiring.

wrote:

"As for the reset on the GFCI outlet, for most units your power has to
be on before it'll reset. "

I have found this not to be true. However, to test, it does require power.

Also, I stand corrected her or in the othe rgroup, that the ground is not even reqquired for the test button to work, originally I thought it was.

All of them I ever installed were properly grounded so whatever. I thought it took current to the ground for test. It does not, it simpley takes it to BEFORE the GF circuit and that causes the imbalance that makes it trip and prove itsel

The test button does nothing without a connection to ground. It
causes an imbalace between line and neutral by diverting a few mA to
ground form neutral.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.