Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default Flashlight review

On 10/15/2014 10:09 PM, N8N wrote:

Whatever you do don't hang out on Candlepowerforums

too long, otherwise your EDC will be a custom modified
light with a high-CRI emitter that runs on Li-Ions,
necessitating buying a new charger.

Ask me how I know this.

In my defense, it's a f'ing fantastic light, and

much like computers and smart phones, I'm amazed
that something that looks like a toy can produce
enough light to completely embarrass the Mag-Lite
that I thought was the epitome of flashlight
technology 20 years ago with several times longer
runtime, and has an infinitely variable magnetic
control ring so I can "dial it back" whenever I
need to be more subtle with my personal illumination.

nate

Years ago, I did have a four cell filament bulb
Mag. It was the ultimate in heavy duty personal
lighting. Now, I'd thought those square lanterns
with filament bulb would be top dog. Along with
Mag.

Turns out the three D LED mag out powers them
easily, and batteries last longer. My three D,
I used for night watch duty at the church, and
set of alkalines lasted almost two years.

The ten LED lantern from Walmart is brighter than
the 700 ma krypton, and batteries do last 10 x
longer. And a bargain at $5.48 with first battery
included in that price. Which means the flash light
costs about three bucks. Totally astounding to me.

Technology has improved, a LOT.

--
..
Christopher A. Young